Toronto Accidental Death Compensation Lawyer
You may be entitled to receive compensation for:
- Loss of companionship, particularly as a widowed spouse
- Loss of financial support, particularly for dependant spouses and children
- Loss of care, companionship and guidance for all Family Law Act claimants
- Loss of an “interdependent relationship” that includes housework and child care
- Loss of care for elderly parents
- Loss of the financial and emotional support that parents often give their grown children
The person who caused the wrongful death of your spouse, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling should compensate your family. Whether he or she is a motor vehicle driver, a negligent medical professional or the owner of a property that was not properly maintained, our lawyers for accidental death compensation can help ensure that they compensate you.
We can also help you in other ways beyond routine statutory funeral, Canada Pension Plan (“CPP”), and death benefits. For example, we can begin estate litigation if you have been treated unfairly in the will, and we can help you if your family member’s life insurance company denies your claim. There may be any number of reasons for denial of benefits — including broker error and bad faith — and we know that this is not a good time for you to try to fight an insurance company on your own. We will help you understand the reasons behind the denial, decide whether to contest it, and defend you and your family’s interests in Court, as you instruct us.
Contact Us: Richmond Hill and Oakville
To find out how Bougadis, Chang LLP Barristers can help you after the loss of a family member, contact us at 416-703-2402. Let our Richmond Hill, Oakville, Southern Ontario, and Toronto wrongful death lawyers help you through this difficult time.