Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer In Toronto
- If you have been involved in a “texting while driving” accident in Oakville, Richmond Hill, Toronto or the surrounding areas in Southern Ontario, we want to know.
- If you have been injured and were charged with distracted driving, your insurance company may claim that it does not have to cover your injuries or defend you if you are sued. This is not true. We can help you fight to get the benefits you need, regardless of whether or not you are found guilty.
Helping Injured Victims After A Distracted Driving Accident
Our Toronto lawyers for distracted driving accidents will talk to witnesses, go over all of the evidence and documentation from your accident, secure the phone records by court orders, and make sure that your interests are protected. We will also explain all of your rights as a driver and as a victim and the effect of the distracted driving charge on benefits and claims against distracted drivers. Schedule your free initial consultation today.
Distracted Driving Affecting Accident Benefits And Claims
If you have been hit by a distracted driver, we can help you gather evidence and use it in a claim to get compensation for your injuries.
Distracted driving includes:
- Driving while texting
- Driving while reading
- Driving while talking on a cellphone that isn’t hands-free
- Driving while watching an entertainment device
- Falling asleep while driving
All of these activities have become major problems in Ontario and help cause a large proportion of accidents. For that reason, Ontario, along with all the other provinces, has new legislation to charge and/or fine anyone found driving while texting or driving while distracted in some other way.
Talk To Our Lawyers Today
For more information about distracted driving in Ontario, call Bougadis, Chang LLP Barristers at 416-703-2402. We are here to protect your rights every step of the way.