Amputation and Disfigurement
Experienced Lawyers Serving Richmond Hill and Oakville
These losses are often very specialised. Although, emotionally, amputation and disfigurement are traumatic for anyone, the loss of a limb may have a very different economic impact depending on whether you are an accountant or a professional athlete. Losing a limb that affects your mobility may also result in all sorts of difficulties beyond your ability to work.
Similarly, different kinds of disfigurement have different visual and emotional impacts. Disfigurement may involve not only cosmetic damage, but also painful scarring that affects your mobility or causes pain. Scarring can also affect your ability to socialize, enjoy your life and even get or keep a job.
The personal injury lawyers of Bougadis Chang LLP Barristers work with Toronto surgeons, prosthetics specialists, and rehabilitation and financial experts to determine the compensation appropriate for your serious injury. We adjust our expert analysis and recommendations as required to your lifetime needs. We consider:
- Surgeries needed
- Time required for recovery and rehabilitation
- Counselling needed since the accident and into the future
- Effects on your family and life
- Effects on your current job and future job prospects
- Number of artificial limbs required
- Purpose of the limbs
- Cost and estimated life span of each limb
- Cost of adapting your home and vehicles if you are disabled by your injury
Bougadis, Chang LLP Barristers can help you if you have suffered amputation or disfigurement. To find out how, contact us at 416-703-2402. We serve areas such as Toronto, Richmond Hill and Oakville.