George A. Bougadis
George has attended Lower Canada College, Queen’s University at Kingston, McGill University, and the University of Calgary prior to his Call to the Bar in Ontario.
His practice areas include: plaintiff personal injury law, including spinal cord and brain injuries, and similar catastrophic claims; long term disability actions; plaintiff medical practice and other professional negligence claims; insurance coverage denial disputes and bad faith actions; appellate advocacy; barristers’ referrals and litigation counsel assignments; corporate/commercial disputes and arbitrations; product liability actions; and, wrongful dismissals.
George was, formerly and exclusively, insurance defence and appellate litigation counsel and, also, coverage opinion and coverage litigation counsel for major national and international insurers.
George has successfully appeared before the Federal Court of Canada and all levels of court in Ontario, including Divisional Court, Court of Appeal for Ontario, and various provincial and federal tribunals and commissions, including but not limited to: the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO); the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO); CPP Pension Appeal Board; the College of Physicians and Surgeons Discipline Committee; and, the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB).
George is also Litigation Counsel to a broad range of solicitors and sole practitioners in Ontario; federal and provincial corporations; leading community based profit and non-profit institutions and corporations; one EU nation state; and, individual private clients. George and the firm are frequently retained by other Ontario lawyers to handle both their firms’ and their personal private litigation, including their own and their family members’ personal injury claims, and, also, their valued clients’ trials and appeals. All referrals are respected and strictly confidential.
Personal interests: squash, hockey, GO! (Japanese Chess), rare book collecting, legal computer technology, and environmental social justice.
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiff Personal Injury Litigation
- Spinal and Brain Catastrophic Injuries
- Plaintiff Medical Malpractice & Professional Negligence Claims
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitrations
- Barristers’ Referrals & Litigation Counsel Assignments
- McGill University
- University of Calgary
- Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Advocates’ Society
- Ontario Trial Lawyers’ Association (OTLA)
- Toronto Lawyers’ Association (TLA)
- Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations (CBA & OBA)
- Ontario Medical-Legal Association
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association (HCLA), President, 2004 – 2006
- Hellenic Canadian Board of Trade (HCBT)